- 1The Word of God, or principle of divine reason and creative order, identified in the Gospel of John with the second person of the Trinity incarnate in Jesus Christ.More example sentences
- This methodology then proceeds ‘downward’ to the Incarnation, to the event in which the Word or Logos became man in Jesus Christ.
- Early Christians claimed the truth of the creative and saving Logos wherever the good, the true, and the beautiful appeared.
- Why does the evangelist open his gospel by referring to Jesus as the Word or Logos of God?
Greek, 'word, reason'.
More definitions of LogosDefinition of Logos in:
- The British & World English dictionary