- The set of equations that, in Einstein’s special theory of relativity, relate the space and time coordinates of one frame of reference to those of another.More example sentences
- These experiments and others give us confidence in the Lorentz transformations and special relativity.
- According to Einstein's theory, a relativistic equation has to use coordinates that have the proper Lorentz transformation properties.
- The extent of this distortion of space and time is described by a set of equations that are now known as Lorentz transformations.
More definitions of Lorentz transformationDefinition of Lorentz transformation in:
- The British & World English dictionary