- another term for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.More example sentences
- Onset of nerve-cell damage in rats from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis - Lou Gehrig's disease - has been delayed by injection of stem cells.
- The researchers also speculated that disturbances in p53 may also play a role in some forms of Parkinson's disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease.
- Motor Neuron Disease is known in Canada and in the United States as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease.
1940s: named after H. L. Gehrig (see Gehrig, Lou), who died from it.
More definitions of Lou Gehrig's diseaseDefinition of Lou Gehrig's disease in:
- The British & World English dictionary