- A surface with one continuous side formed by joining the ends of a rectangular strip after twisting one end through 180°.More example sentences
- For example, joining two sides of a rectangle after giving it a half twist produces the one-sided, one-edged surface called a Möbius strip.
- The resulting surface, called a Möbius strip, has only one side and one edge.
- If you walked around the Möbius strip starting on one side, you would find yourself on the other side after one full trip and on the starting side again only after two full trips.
early 20th century: named after August F. Möbius (1790–1868), German mathematician.
More definitions of Möbius stripDefinition of Möbius strip in:
- The British & World English dictionary