nounBritish • trademark
- An alloy of copper, manganese, and nickel, used chiefly in electrical apparatus.More example sentences
- Several Manganin resistors served as the legal standard for the ohm in the United States from 1901 to 1990.
- The gauge is in the form of Manganin wire coil protected with a metal cup.
- However, the paper Stability of Double-walled Manganin Resistors is the more popularly known and describes the standard in its final form, after some major modifications in size and connections.
More definitions of ManganinDefinition of Manganin in:
- The British & World English dictionary