- Of or relating to St. Mark or the Gospel ascribed to him.More example sentences
- On this view, known as the Proto-Luke hypothesis, Q and L traditions formed the basis of Luke's gospel; Marcan traditions were added later as supplementary material.
- Prior to the seventh century we had much of the Marcan material covered in the traditional commentaries on the other Gospels.
- Finally, the relationship between the gospel of Mark and the Marcan traditions is considered.
More definitions of MarcanDefinition of Marcan in:
- The British & World English dictionary