Definition of Mediterranean in English:
1Of or characteristic of the Mediterranean Sea, the countries bordering it, or their inhabitants: a leisurely Mediterranean cruise our temperatures are Mediterranean
More example sentences
- The country has a 1200 km Mediterranean coastline and borders on six countries to the west, east, and south.
- The majority of settlers are concentrated in two main blocs along the northern border and southern Mediterranean coast.
- There are many different packages available for Mediterranean cruises, so be sure to shop around to find the one that suits you best.
1.1(Of a person’s complexion) relatively dark, as is common in some Mediterranean countries.
- These worked well, colouring our subject's lily white skin with a light Mediterranean tan while leaving all the other colours in the shot true.
- He was of Mediterranean appearance or had tanned skin.
- The suspect is described as being in his mid 30s, of Mediterranean appearance, with short dark hair, dark brown eyes and with facial stubble.
nounBack to top
2A native of a country bordering on the Mediterranean.
- Africans, Asians and Latin Americans now roam the streets alongside Mediterraneans, other Europeans, native Australians and the many-generationed Anglo-Australians.
- Greeks, Italians, and other Mediterraneans cook their vegetables in olive oil or drizzle it over salads to enhance their flavor.
- It would be like imagining that ancient Mediterraneans thought and behaved like middle class Americans.
Definition of Mediterranean in:
- British & World English dictionary