- A diet of a type traditional in Mediterranean countries, characterized especially by a high consumption of vegetables and olive oil and moderate consumption of protein, and thought to confer health benefits: researchers found that people who eat a Mediterranean diet have lower odds of having a heart attackMore example sentences
- According to one study, the risk of a fatal heart attack can be cut in half by switching to a Mediterranean diet.
- This week, researchers said elderly Europeans who ate a Mediterranean diet combined with a healthy lifestyle that included exercise had half the mortality rate of people in their age group who didn't.
- In a study, eating a Mediterranean diet for three months was found to bring about a reduction in joint pain and inflammation.
More definitions of Mediterranean dietDefinition of Mediterranean diet in:
- The British & World English dictionary