- 1A variety of black wine grape originally from the Bordeaux region of France.More example sentences
- Such French vine varieties as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and some Pinot Noir were planted.
- Of all the red grape varieties, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Zinfandel are the most recognized.
- Malbec is a grape often blended with other reds, typically the Bordeaux varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc.
- 1.1A red wine made from the Merlot grape.More example sentences
- Most good wines for salad have two things in common: They're not very oaky (which eliminates most Chardonnays), and they're not very tannic (which takes care of many Merlots and Cabernet Sauvignons).
- Every year the wines released - Cabs, Merlots, Syrahs, Chardonnays, and other interesting whites - are more exciting than ever.
- This small winery has tastings of its Merlots, Chardonnays, and Zinfandels.
More definitions of MerlotDefinition of Merlot in:
- The British & World English dictionary