- 1Mesopotamianadjective& noun
- Example sentences
- An example of this can be seen represented on a Mesopotamian cylinder seal from the 3rd millennium BC city-state of Ur.
- The Sumerians, Akkadians, Mesopotamians and Ancient Egyptians certainly enjoyed them.
- From ancient times, the area that came to be known as Syria had a succession of rulers, including Mesopotamians, Hittites, Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks.
From Greek mesos 'middle' + potamos 'river'.
Words that rhyme with Mesopotamiamacadamia
Definition of Mesopotamia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.