- A Christian heretic of the 2nd or 3rd century who denied the doctrine of the Trinity.More example sentences
- Tertullian was battling Monarchians who opted for the unity of God and denied trinitarianism.
- For practical purposes the Monarchians have been divided into two classes, modal and dynamic.
- He was probably the first of the Monarchians to visit Rome, where he was well received by the Pope about 190-198, with whom he used his influence against the Montanists.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to the Monarchians or their beliefs.More example sentences
- There are many attacks upon Oneness Apostolics who hold to the ancient Jewish Monarchian doctrine of One God.
- The Monarchian theory is a false teaching that started some time in the second century.
- Monarchian doctrine usually did not deny the deity of Christ; instead they claimed that the Son is the Father, not the eternal Son as part of historic Christianity.
from late Latin monarchiani (plural), from monarchia (see monarchy).
More definitions of MonarchianDefinition of Monarchian in:
- The British & World English dictionary