noun[usually as modifier]
- A system of education for young children that seeks to develop natural interests and activities rather than use formal teaching methods: a Montessori schoolMore example sentences
- In the Montessori method, there are four or five materials available to teach each concept.
- I was then able to attract Montessori school teachers to write curriculum.
- We had a bit of confusion at first as the Montessori method involves teaching the kids the sounds of the letters first, then later, the names of the letters.
early 20th century: named after Maria Montessori (see Montessori, Maria).
More definitions of MontessoriDefinition of Montessori in:
- The British & World English dictionary