- A type of armchair with open padded arms and an adjustable back.More example sentences
- The Morris chair has padded armrests and detachable cushions on the seat and back.
- One particular slide depicts Robert in a drab suit sitting in a Morris chair.
- Perhaps your grandfather, like mine, spent his leisure time in a Morris chair.
late 19th century: named after William Morris (see Morris, William1).
More definitions of Morris chairDefinition of Morris chair in:
- The British & World English dictionary