Definition of Mountain time in English:
The standard time in a zone including parts of the US and Canada in or near the Rocky Mountains, specifically.
- ● (Mountain Standard Time abbrev.: MST) Standard time based on the mean solar time at the meridian 105° W., seven hours behind GMT. ● (Mountain Daylight Time abbrev.: MDT) Mountain time during daylight saving time, six hours behind GMT.
- Heading north on Mexico's Highway 200, I soon crossed from the Central into the Mountain time zone.
- The same line separates the Pacific and Mountain time zones - and Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time.
- This is similar to much of Texas, which should (by longitude) be mostly in the Mountain time zone instead of the Central time zone.
Definition of Mountain time in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan