- A dry white wine from the part of the Loire region in France nearest the west coast.More example sentences
- I noted with delight that an entire subsection is devoted to whites of the Loire (when is the last time you saw two Muscadets on a Houston wine list?
- Perhaps, most remarkable is its ripeness; very few Muscadets that I have tasted have come close to this level of ripeness.
- Some of them are classics (Roquefort with Sauternes; Muscadet with mussels; coq au vin with red Burgundy) and some of them happen by chance.
French, from muscade 'nutmeg', from musc 'musk'.
More definitions of MuscadetDefinition of Muscadet in:
- The British & World English dictionary