- 1.2Near field communication, a technology allowing the short-range wireless intercommunication of cell phones and other electronic devices for purposes such as making payments: [as modifier]: simply hold your phone against another NFC device to begin a connectionMore example sentences
- This caution, coupled with the disruption that will be caused through technological restructuring, may lead to a slower adoption of NFC.
- Once you've done that, open the app you'd like to send data from, and simply hold your phone against another NFC device to begin a connection.
- Although technically NFC payments are contactless and work by the phone being swiped near a sensor, some early trials used the slogan "bump to pay" to help remind users to bring their phones close enough to be detected.
More definitions of NFCDefinition of NFC in:
- The British & World English dictionary