- Oxides of nitrogen, especially as atmospheric pollutants.More example sentences
- As my passengers speak knowingly about performance features and NOx traps (nitrogen oxides are a nasty component of most fuel exhaust), I am fixated on the hydrogen sensors.
- They also emit nitrogen oxides, or NOx, a key component of smog.
- The harmful effects of NOx and carbon dioxide have not been calculated, but are probably lower than either SO2 or ozone.
More definitions of NOxDefinition of NOx in:
- The British & World English dictionary