- 1Of, relating to, or denoting the later division of the Tertiary period, comprising the Miocene and Pliocene epochs.More example sentences
- The Pliocene is today defined as the later epoch of the Neogene period, between 1.8 and 5.3 Ma.
- They reveal late Cretaceous and Neogene geothermal gradients that were comparable with that at the present day, i.e. no significant increase in basal heat flow.
- The preserved Miocene sediments have allowed us to separate the effects of Palaeogene and Neogene uplift.
The Neogene lasted from about 23 million to 1.6 million years ago. The mammals continued to evolve during this time, developing into the forms that are familiar today
More definitions of NeogeneDefinition of Neogene in:
- The British & World English dictionary