Definition of Nile crocodile in English:
A large crocodile with a long narrow head, native to Africa and Madagascar.
- Crocodilus niloticus, family Crocodylidae
- ‘There are many instances of crocodilian populations - including Nile crocodiles - which are isolated from each other, yet are not sufficiently dissimilar to count as new species, or even new subspecies,’ said Britton.
- ‘I'm not a geneticist,’ Barr said, ‘but we are hearing that the cave population was distinctly different genetically from other populations of Nile crocodiles in Madagascar.’
- He'll test them on Nile crocodiles in South Africa, which are imperiled because changes to a local dam will raise water levels and swamp nesting beaches.
Definition of Nile crocodile in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.