Definition of Nile monitor in English:
A large heavily built African lizard that has grayish-olive skin with yellow markings and is semiaquatic.
- Varanus niloticus, family Varanidae
- One of the biggest monitor lizards is Varanus niloticus, the Nile monitor, which may measure 2 m in length.
- He said there has been only one comprehensive study of Nile monitors done in their native Africa.
- The natural history of the Nile monitor has been summarized by a variety of authors.
Definition of Nile monitor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia