Definition of Nishga in English:
noun (plural same)
1A member of a branch of the Tsimshian people of British Columbia inhabiting the Nass river basin.
- He taught the Nishga how to use it, and he translated the Gospels into English and Nishga - it was a great step in education.
- In an historic split decision, the Supreme Court in 1973 technically ruled against the Nishga.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Nishga or their language.
- She has been teaching her the techniques of Haida and Nishga weaving since 1993.
- Unfortunately, it was one of the Niska performances I happened to miss… I can't remember why.
- The union says their claim is for actual compensation for lost lands while the Nishga case involves legal title land.
The name in Nishga nisqá’a.
Definition of Nishga in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.