(also Niska /ˈniskə/)
Definition of Nishga in English:
noun (plural same)
1A member of a branch of the Tsimshian people of British Columbia inhabiting the Nass river basin.
- He taught the Nishga how to use it, and he translated the Gospels into English and Nishga - it was a great step in education.
- In an historic split decision, the Supreme Court in 1973 technically ruled against the Nishga.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Nishga or their language.
- She has been teaching her the techniques of Haida and Nishga weaving since 1993.
- Unfortunately, it was one of the Niska performances I happened to miss… I can't remember why.
- The union says their claim is for actual compensation for lost lands while the Nishga case involves legal title land.
the name in Nishga nisqá’a.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan