- A hut made of corrugated iron with a concrete floor, similar to a Quonset hut.More example sentences
- His fledgling business moved to a site in Hungate, where he built a workshop from two naval Nissen huts made from corrugated iron.
- During the war, it had been an army bridging school - and the Nissen huts and Army buildings are still there today, pressed into use as offices and workshops.
- His list included the Italian Chapel, on the island of Lambholm, created from converted Nissen huts by Italian prisoners of war in 1943.
early 20th century: named after Peter N. Nissen (1871–1930), the British engineer who invented it.
More definitions of Nissen hutDefinition of Nissen hut in:
- The British & World English dictionary