- Of or relating to North America.More example sentences
- Elsewhere, the sounds were of the generic North American city.
- The team also won the North American Women's Collegiate Championships held in Montana in March.
- But he will fulfil a visit to Toronto on Saturday which had been planned to end a brief North American tour.
nounBack to top
- A native or inhabitant of North America, especially a citizen of the US or Canada.More example sentences
- With the United States leading the field it was fellow North Americans, Canada that laid down the biggest challenge and the two crews passed through half-way neck and neck.
- Local people depended on turtles much the way native North Americans depended on the buffalo.
- The first canoes are thought to have been used by Carib Indians and native North Americans and were made by hollowing out large logs.
More definitions of North AmericanDefinition of North American in:
- The British & World English dictionary