A long-coned European spruce that is widely grown as an ornamental and for timber and pulp.
- Picea abies, family Pinaceae
More example sentences
- The nursery grows mainly white spruce, black spruce, Norway spruce, jack pine, red pine, eastern white pine, Scots pine and smaller amounts of various other species.
- For example, in the province of Norrbotten there were twenty times as many old Scots pines and Norway spruces as there are today.
- Several species of trees were used for this purpose, most commonly Scots pines and Norway spruces.
Definition of Norway spruce in:
- The British & World English dictionary