- A criterion for determining the stability or instability of a feedback system.More example sentences
- Assuming we're dealing with low pass signals - signals where the bandwidth of interest goes from 0 to f MAX, the Nyquist criterion states that our sampling frequency needs to be at least 2 * f MAX.
- Thus, applying the Nyquist criterion, the resolution of 512 pixel/line images larger than 32 m is limited by sampling frequency, whereas images smaller than 32 m are limited by other aspects of the image acquisition.
- The Nyquist criterion must still be satisfied with respect to the new lower sampling frequency in order to avoid aliasing.
1930s: named after Harry Nyquist (1889–1976), Swedish-born American engineer.
More definitions of Nyquist criterionDefinition of Nyquist criterion in:
- The British & World English dictionary