(also Nyquist rate)
- The minimum rate at which a signal can be sampled without introducing errors, which is twice the highest frequency present in the signal.More example sentences
- This frequency limit is known as the Nyquist frequency.
- We used the Signal-RTS software to digitize the recorded calls (sampling rate: 12500 Hz for the túngara frogs, and 25000 Hz for the cricket frogs, higher than 1.5 times of the Nyquist frequency for all calls recorded).
- For any outline, the total power is calculated as the sum, from 1 to n, of individual harmonic powers where n is equal to the Nyquist frequency.
1930s: see Nyquist criterion.
More definitions of Nyquist frequencyDefinition of Nyquist frequency in:
- The British & World English dictionary