- A light-emitting diode containing thin flexible sheets of an organic electroluminescent material, used for visual displays: because OLEDs emit light, they consume significantly less powerMore example sentences
- If you've been holding out, waiting for one of those shiny new OLED TVs, your patience is about to be rewarded.
- At the moment we see a large demand for organic light-emitting diode (OLED) based microdisplays, suggesting a new world of applications.
- TV's measuring 1mm thick are really the realm of OLED technology.
1990s: from the initial letters of organic light-emitting diode, after LED.
More definitions of OLEDDefinition of OLED in:
- The British & World English dictionary