- 1A full-bodied breed of chicken of buff, white, or black color.More example sentences
- The black strain of Orpington developed further in the southern hemisphere to become the Australorp.
- 2A duck of a buff or white breed, kept for its meat.More example sentences
- The Buff Orpington, Cayuga and Black East Indian for example are not generally bred in Australia although they are well known in other countries.
late 19th century: from Orpington, the name of a town in Kent, England.
More definitions of OrpingtonDefinition of Orpington in:
- The British & World English dictionary