adjective & noun (plural same or Osmanlis)
- old-fashioned term for Ottoman.More example sentences
- Among the many revolts in Bosnia against the bureaucratic rule of the Osmanli Turks that of 1830-31 under Hussein Aga deserves mention of the revolts in Herzegovina that of 1875.
- Under the leadership of the Osmanli Turks, Islam launched two subsequent attempts to conquer Europe - in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
- The history of rise and decay repeated itself after the Osmanli Turks appeared on the scene.
Turkish, from the name Osman, from Arabic ῾uṯmān (see Ottoman), + the adjectival suffix -li.
More definitions of OsmanliDefinition of Osmanli in:
- The British & World English dictionary