- another term for serial comma.More example sentences
- In the UK, for instance, Oxford University Press goes against general usage by favouring " ize’ word endings (on etymological grounds) and the’Oxford comma’, aka the Harvard or serial comma.
- Did you know using the Oxford comma is simply a matter of personal taste?
- Others insist on the Oxford comma as in ‘counties like Mayo, Sligo, and Galway’ instead of Mayo, Sligo and Galway’.
a characteristic of the house style of Oxford University Press.
More definitions of Oxford commaDefinition of Oxford comma in:
- The British & World English dictionary