Definition of PDF in English:
1A file format that provides an electronic image of text or text and graphics that looks like a printed document and can be viewed, printed, and electronically transmitted.
- All current issues of their mags are free to download in pdf.
- Our website also carries at least three complete articles per back number in pdf format.
- Each time a new issue is posted on our Web site, an e-mail will go out with a link to a PDF file.
1.1A file in PDF format: I sent him a PDF of the article
More example sentences
- The most interesting is on the state of the aviation industry, running to 52 pages in a pdf.
- A designer couldn't just email a pdf to the client in what seems like an easy, two-second process.
- The link should download a pdf of the press release announcing the new logo.
Abbreviation of Portable Document Format.
Definition of PDF in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.