Definition of PDF in English:
1A file format that provides an electronic image of text or text and graphics that looks like a printed document and can be viewed, printed, and electronically transmitted.
- All current issues of their mags are free to download in pdf.
- Our website also carries at least three complete articles per back number in pdf format.
- Each time a new issue is posted on our Web site, an e-mail will go out with a link to a PDF file.
1.1A file in PDF format: I sent him a PDF of the article
More example sentences
- The most interesting is on the state of the aviation industry, running to 52 pages in a pdf.
- A designer couldn't just email a pdf to the client in what seems like an easy, two-second process.
- The link should download a pdf of the press release announcing the new logo.
Abbreviation of Portable Document Format.
Definition of PDF in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan