- A motorboat equipped with torpedoes and used by the military, especially during World War II.More example sentences
- Though the PT boat's trio of 1500 horsepower Higgins engines were well past their prime, the Legless Lilly managed a respectable cruising speed of twenty knots.
- For the wooden PT boat, with its relatively large and unprotected fuel tanks, the result was predictable.
- Serving in small plywood craft much like the more famous American PT boats, the Coastal Forces wreaked havoc with Axis forces in British and foreign waters.
1940s: from P(atrol) T(orpedo) boat.
More definitions of PT boatDefinition of PT boat in:
- The British & World English dictionary