Definition of Pacific time in English:
The standard time in a zone including the Pacific coastal region of the US and Canada, specifically.
- ● (Pacific Standard Time, abbreviation: PST) Standard time based on the mean solar time at longitude 120° W, eight hours behind GMT. ● (Pacific Daylight Time, abbreviation: PDT) Pacific time during daylight saving time, seven hours behind GMT.
- Sydney is 15 hours ahead of America's Eastern time zone, the major metropolitan areas of New York, Washington, Boston, Philadelphia, and 18 hours ahead of the Pacific time zone, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein's ‘Cinderella’ (with the lovely Julie Andrews) was created for television and broadcast live in color except in the Pacific time zone where they got the black and white kinescope recording instead.
- The best views come between about 8 P.M. and 9 P.M. on the 17th in the Pacific time zone, and between about 1 A.M. and 2 A.M. on the 18th in the Eastern time zone.
Definition of Pacific time in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan