- 1Of, relating to, or denoting a phytogeographical kingdom comprising Africa, tropical Asia, New Guinea, and many Pacific islands (excluding Australia and New Zealand).More example sentences
- This five-year project, which started in mid-2003, is investigating the changes that took place in Palaeotropical terrestrial habitats towards the end of the Moscovian Age.
- The tropical rainforests of Queensland have species with mainly Palaeotropical affinities.
- 1.1 Zoology Of, relating to, or denoting a zoogeographical region comprising the tropical parts of the Old World.More example sentences
- Although less intensively studied than Nearctic species, numerous Palearctic and Paleotropical species also utter flight calls.
- For a distribution to be Palaeotropical a taxon must occur in tropical regions on both continents in the Old World, i.e. in Africa and Asia.
- Fifteen species of neotropical and three species of Paleotropical bats are known either to roost. in or to make tents in over 80 species of vascular plants.
More definitions of PaleotropicalDefinition of Paleotropical in:
- The British & World English dictionary