Definition of Panhellenic in English:
1Of, concerning, or representing all people of Greek origin or ancestry.
- Victors at the Olympic games enjoyed a renown unmatched in the ancient Greek world: it was the most prestigious of the Panhellenic games.
- The theoroi of each polis conducted ritual acts in the Panhellenic sanctuaries in the name of that polis.
- Herakles' twelve labors are set in both Peloponnesian and distant locales, choices suited to a Panhellenic sanctuary, the site of Panhellenic games, and visitors and votives from all over Greece.
1.2Of, concerning, or representing all college fraternities and sororities.
- She also confirmed the dates for Destination Iowa State in August, inquired at the Panhellenic booth and registered as a student parishioner with a local church.
- Zeta Tau Alpha is the third largest National Panhellenic Group with over 187000 initiated members and 237 chapters.
- While joining a hometown Panhellenic group is helpful, it is not a prerequisite to participating in recruitment.
Definition of Panhellenic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan