- • trademark A motorized steerable paraglider, powered by a motor and propeller harnessed to the pilot’s back.More example sentences
- As an option, especially for paramotors and motorized hang-gliders, I produce a Kevlar sheath to protect the bridle from muffler heat, cables and propeller, without changing the bridle elasticity.
- Once airborne, the paramotor can be used to motor along and watch the world go by beneath you or, if conditions permit, soared in thermal lift to make long cross-country flights.
- More example sentences
- Paramotoring, or powered paragliding (PPG) is absolutely the most accessible form of aviation available to the public. These motors are the most powerful, yet low maintenance aircraft engines you will find.
- Paramotoring was invented around 1990 when paragliders realised that adding a backpack motor would enable them to take off from level ground so they would not have to look for hills and ridges to launch themselves.