- A small class of myriapod invertebrates that resemble the centipedes. They are small, soft-bodied animals with one pair of legs per segment, living chiefly in forest litter.More example sentences
- He presented evidence for a single origination of the tracheal system in Dignatha (Pauropoda + Diplopoda), a group whose monophyly is widely accepted.
- He considered Archipolypoda to represent the ‘prototypes’ of Diplopoda and possibly also Pauropoda.
- This arthropod subphylum includes the Chilopoda, the Diplopoda, the Pauropoda, and the Symphyla.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek pauros 'small' + pous, pod- 'foot'.
More definitions of PauropodaDefinition of Pauropoda in:
- The British & World English dictionary