Definition of Phi Beta Kappa in English:
1An honorary society of college and university undergraduates and some graduates to which members are elected on the basis of high academic achievement.
- He graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Howard University with a degree in economics after spending his junior year at The London School of Economics and Political Science as a Luard Scholar.
- She earned her B.S. degree in 1937 at the University of Oklahoma, Phi Beta Kappa, and received the Sigma Gamma Epsilon Scholarship Award for Outstanding Senior in Geology.
- After a stint at the State University of New York at Old Westbury, he transferred to Columbia and graduated magna cum laude, with election to Phi Beta Kappa.
1.1A member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- She is a Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude graduate of Wellesley College.
- She is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Michigan where she won a Woodrow Wilson Fellowship in American history and economics.
From the initial letters of a Greek motto philosophia biou kubernētēs 'philosophy is the guide to life'.
Definition of Phi Beta Kappa in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.