- A very shrewd lawyer who is expert in the exploitation of legal technicalities.More example sentences
- The consequence was a labyrinthine system of bonus points and calculating the draw which a Philadelphia lawyer might well have struggled to understand.
- It doesn't take a Philadelphia lawyer to figure that one out.
- With that deal he demonstrated there is a career for him as a Philadelphia lawyer once he hangs up his boots.
with reference to Andrew Hamilton of Philadelphia, who successfully defended John Peter Zenger (1735), an American journalist and publisher, from libel charges.
More definitions of Philadelphia lawyerDefinition of Philadelphia lawyer in:
- The British & World English dictionary