nounNorth American • trademark
- A short-acting sedative and hypnotic drug used to treat insomnia.More example sentences
- He over-dosed on Placidyl - a drug used as a sleeping aid - on April 2, 1987, at 23.
- For nine years, from 1972-81, the Capitol physician, had prescribed a powerful hypnotic medication, Placidyl, because of his chronic lower back pain.
- And for the nine years between 1972 and the end of 1981, he consumed great quantities of the potent sedative-hypnotic Placidyl.
More definitions of PlacidylDefinition of Placidyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary