- The ratio of the proportional decrease in a lateral measurement to the proportional increase in length in a sample of material that is elastically stretched.More example sentences
- It will observed that the natural period is a function of the aspect ratio r and the Poisson's ratio, n.
- Most strain models assume ideal incompressible materials with a Poisson's ratio of 0.5.
- The parameters investigated are the ratio of shear modulus, ratio of shear wave velocity, the thickness of the top layer, material damping ratio and Poisson's ratio.
More definitions of Poisson's ratioDefinition of Poisson's ratio in:
- The British & World English dictionary