(also Polisario Front)
- An independence movement in Western (formerly Spanish) Sahara, formed in 1973.More example sentences
- Perhaps the most interesting section analyses the Saharawi independence movement, Polisario.
- They face about 15,000 lightly-armed guerrillas of the Polisario Front.
- The barriers were highly effective, leaving the Polisario few avenues of escape.
Spanish acronym, from Frente Popular para la Liberación de Saguia el-Hamra y Río de Oro 'Popular Front for the Liberation of Saguia el-Hamra and Rio de Oro'.
More definitions of PolisarioDefinition of Polisario in:
- The British & World English dictionary