- The husband of a reigning female sovereign who is himself a prince.More example sentences
- Would her highness, Queen Cleopatra care to dine with her prince consort? ‘he asked.’
- In Britain duelling came to an end after 1843 when Colonel Fawcett was killed by his brother-in-law Lieutenant Munro, leading the prince consort to insist that the Articles of War be changed to prohibit meetings.
- Queen Victoria had to create a special title, prince consort, for her husband.
More definitions of Prince ConsortDefinition of Prince Consort in:
- The British & World English dictionary