- A title traditionally granted to the heir apparent to the British throne (usually the eldest son of the sovereign) since Edward I of England gave the title to his son in 1301 after the conquest of Wales.More example sentences
- The head teacher was invited to Highgrove to meet His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales.
- On the wings of the building are heraldic emblems of the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Edinburgh.
- The county was made palatinate under the Earl of Chester, a title that now belongs to the Prince of Wales.
More definitions of Prince of WalesDefinition of Prince of Wales in:
- The British & World English dictionary