- A dignitary in the Roman Catholic Church, especially a wealthy or influential cardinal or bishop.More example sentences
- Next Wednesday, at a special ceremony outside St Peter's in Rome, Pope John Paul will bestow the title of Cardinal and Prince of the Church on 44 men from all over the world.
- These words came from an anthem written by a Prince of the Church and a prince among Polish poets, Ignacy Krasicki.
- At the end of the service the congregation stood until the family had progressed down the aisle to where the Princes of the Church had stationed themselves to bid farewell to the family and the congregation.
More definitions of Prince of the ChurchDefinition of Prince of the Church in:
- The British & World English dictionary