Definition of Pteridophyta in English:
A division of flowerless green plants that comprises the ferns and their relatives.
- Division Pteridophyta: classes Filicopsida (ferns), Sphenopsida (horsetails), and Lycopsida (club mosses)
- Consider the ‘Pteridophyta’ (vascular plants that reproduce by spores) are they a monophyletic group or a grade?
- Polyploidy occurs in the heterosporous and homosporous Pteridophyta, but with a much higher frequency in the latter.
- The database includes the data on the spread of the autochthonous and majority of the alochthonous species of pteridophyta and anthophyta in Slovenia.
Definition of Pteridophyta in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.