- A division of flowerless green plants that comprises the ferns and their relatives.
More example sentences
- Division Pteridophyta: classes Filicopsida (ferns), Sphenopsida (horsetails), and Lycopsida (club mosses)
- Consider the ‘Pteridophyta’ (vascular plants that reproduce by spores) are they a monophyletic group or a grade?
- Polyploidy occurs in the heterosporous and homosporous Pteridophyta, but with a much higher frequency in the latter.
- The database includes the data on the spread of the autochthonous and majority of the alochthonous species of pteridophyta and anthophyta in Slovenia.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek pteris, pterid- 'fern' + phuton 'plant'.
More definitions of PteridophytaDefinition of Pteridophyta in:
- The British & World English dictionary