Definition of Pulmonata in English:
A group of mollusks that includes the land snails and slugs and many freshwater snails. They have a modified mantle cavity that acts as a lung for breathing air.
- Subclass Pulmonata, class Gastropoda
- The latter group includes radically modified animals, the Opisthobranchia and Pulmonata, which undergo detorsion and essentially re-evolve bilateral symmetry.
- In the traditional classification system, the class Gastropoda has been divided into three subclasses, Prosobranchia, Pulmonata, and Opisthobranchia.
- Haszprunar and Bandel suggested a subdivision of the Heterostropha into the Allogastropoda and Euthyneura, with the Euthyneura including the Opisthobranchia and Pulmonata.
Definition of Pulmonata in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan