(also quarter horse)
- A horse of a small, stocky breed noted for agility and speed over short distances. It is reputed to be the fastest breed of horse over distances of a quarter of a mile.More example sentences
- Say the word ‘horse,’ and most people conjure up images of common pleasure horses such as the Quarter Horse, Morgan, or Appaloosa.
- In addition, the Conquistadors conquered the new world on the backs of Andalusians, which subsequently influenced the American breeds of Azteca, Quarter Horse, Paint, Mustang and Appaloosa.
- Since the Andalusian is the horse the Conquistadors brought to America and one of the ancestral breeds of the American Quarter Horse, perhaps that is where these personality traits originated.
More definitions of Quarter HorseDefinition of Quarter Horse in:
- The British & World English dictionary