- Denoting a style of English furniture or architecture characteristic of the early 18th century. The furniture is noted for its simple, proportioned style and for its cabriole legs and walnut veneer; the architecture is characterized by the use of red brick in simple, basically rectangular designs.More example sentences
- Architect Frank Messenger designed the extensions in the Sanderson style, adding a Queen Anne stick-style verandah.
- The earliest dated examples - a Queen Anne slant-lid desk and high chest - were made in 1762, a full generation after the introduction of the style in Boston.
- For example, a pair of ornate jugs may have been altered into the ‘antique’ style which was so sought after in the early 19th century, by using the bodies from a Queen Anne ale jug, c.1700, and casting the spouts and handles at a later date.
More definitions of Queen AnneDefinition of Queen Anne in:
- The British & World English dictionary