(usually Quonset hut)
nounNorth American • trademark
- A building made of corrugated metal and having a semicircular cross section.More example sentences
- This portion of the roofing industry has come a long way from the corrugated tin of the Quonset hut.
- The building resembles a gigantic Quonset hut with a control tower and several other buildings attached.
- These steel and fiberboard buildings were akin to the American Quonsets.
World War II: named after Quonset Point, Rhode Island, where such huts were first made.
More definitions of QuonsetDefinition of Quonset in:
- The British & World English dictionary